Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's the Heart That Matters More

I've been making a vain attempt over the last few days at posting some blogs that I've failed to post in the past as a result of them not being ready for publication because I was either too unsure or too lazy to post them at the time. They've gotten gummy with time and sort of unflexible in a way, and I'm thinking of trashing them entirely and moving on.

There is a part of me that wonders if when blogs get too old if it's best to let them just expire in a natural way rather than trying to relive them; forcing them back into being by trying to breathe life into them. Perhaps a life they're all to happy to let pass.

Or maybe it's that I've never given them a fair shake at life. Perhaps I need to reexamine what I was feeling and thinking at the time I began them. Maybe I was wrong about those blogs to begin with and all they need is a little time to ferment before they can reach their peak of flavor and richness.

Speaking of wine, I've had a bit this evening, so perhaps it's clouding my judgment. However, I do not think it is quite time to dispose of my dear friends just yet. They may yet have something to say. Something I'm not quite ready to discount. You never know. Sometimes the things closest to you have the capacity to surprise you even after you've known them for years.

Like that one time in My So-Called Life when Graham tells Patty that RuPaul strikes him as being pretty secure.

Okay, if you've never seen My So-Called Life, you probably aren't cool enough to be reading my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am so going to spend the weekend watching My So-Called Life now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I can never watch that show without being really truly sad that it went off the air. We were robbed of what could have been many wonderful seasons of a great show. **Sigh**

    ReplyDelete