Friday, August 14, 2009

Lack

There are many terrible feelings in the world:

- Being lied to
- Stubbing your toe
- Hurting someone you love
- Being left by someone you love
- Realizing someone you thought was a friend is not a friend
- Papercuts
- Being hit in the face with a baseball bat
- Realizing you aren't going to grow up to be a cowgirl or a ballerina

The list goes on indefinitely. I'm going to make an argument that the worst of all bad feelings is the feeling of helplessness you often feel when someone you love, respect, and want nothing but the best for is suffering, and there is nothing you can do to help them.

Right now I really wish I had a magic wand that could make dreams come true. If I had one wave, I would wave it for Erin May Jackle.

I do not have such a wand.

1 comment: