Friday, October 2, 2009

Naked Blogging - Punishment

I haven't been punishing myself enough lately by writing on my blog. I've given myself a break from hanging out in front of the computer screen, and it hasn't really done me much good.

Seriously, this is a well-deserved flogging, because it's 1 am before a day on which I have to be at work at 9:30 and go out to celebrate my friend's 30th birthday.

I'm supposed to look phenomenal at this party as well, because there is a good chance there will be attractive single men there.

And yet here I am on my blog - a somewhat unglamorous task trying to drag something interesting from my brain out through my fingertips, and let's face it - it's not working.

A few things I can write about and probably won't:

My stomach is growling because all I've put in it since the quesadillas at lunch has been three Jim Beam and Diet Caffeine-Free Cokes.

Newspaper clippings sure do bring back memories.

How much shit can pile up on my desk next to my computer before 1.) I decide to organize it or 2.) it actually falls over?

Sub-question - if organizing it were so important, why would I be wondering how long I could keep the pile going before it would fall over?

Why do I feel the need to push the limits of everything in my life including junk mail?

I wonder how late I can stay up tonight and still not feel like complete garbage tomorrow morning?

Pretty sure I'm past that point already.

No comments:

Post a Comment