Saturday, July 25, 2009

Get Naked With Me

My last blog featured a promise to get ORGANIZED! And tonight I found an organizational tactic:

Naked blogging.

"What," you ask yourself with a crinkle on your brow, "is naked blogging? Does it mean that she's sitting at her computer in the NUDE????!!!!" (How scandalous!)

That really isn't the point. The point is to keep it as stripped down as possible, whether I am actually sitting at my computer in the nude or not. (wouldn't you like to know?)

The whole impetus for Naked Blogging came about because I went this evening to see a show at the good ol' National Pastime Theater called Naked July. Actually, the festival of which the show is a part is called Naked July, and the show I saw is called Living Canvas: Nocturne. Basically it was comprised of a man in a suit who came out onstage with a brief case and proceeded to strip naked (yes, completely naked) and dance around with several other naked men and women for about an hour.

During this naked hour, there were several different imaged projected onto their bodies and music played and there were other bits that contained lines from children's books. All in all it was a pretty amazing show to say the least. There was one segment where all the actors were onstage together and they were dancing to a Paul Simon song that represented the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are" and they were just dancing around, swinging their arms freely all over the place, and I thought, "Wow. I wish I could do that."

So I decided to come home and get naked too. Because it just feels good. You should try it sometime.

Strip yourself down to the bare minimum, because for the most part we spend our time shrouded in a buncha crap.

Join me every weekend for a new edition of naked blogging.

And if you have a chance, go to the National Pastime Theater next weekend for the final performance of Naked JULY 2009!

They will be returning in 2010, so don't worry. If you can't make next weekend, there is still plenty of time to see naked people dancing in public.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I may or may not really enjoy being naked.

    ReplyDelete